Transferring and mixing bulk solids to liquids in vessels can raise a number of process challenges; powder clumping when introduced to the solution, agglomerations on the vessel side-walls, extended downtime for cleaning between batches, the need for accurate dosing, and maintaining efficient mixing times.
The Rheo Bulk Bag Unloading Station: SoliValve® with Powder Induction System configuration offers the following benefits to address these challenges:
- Liquid and solids are simultaneously introduced and immediately mixed in powder induction tooling before transferred to tank, eliminating powder clumping and side-wall agglomerations.
- Integrated PAT and sensor controls material input rates to achieve proper concentration and a homogeneous mixture.
- Powder Induction System achieves mixing concentration 5-20X faster than traditional agitator.
- Batch Production Time (bag unloading through mixing): down to 15 minutes
- Bulk Powder Transfer Rate: 350 kg/min
- Weighing and Dosing accuracy: +/-500 g
- Verified CIP Cleaning Process: Set-up: 5 minutes + Rinsing: 20 minutes + Drying: 30 minutes = 55 minutes
Rheo hosted a product spotlight webinar on the Rheo Bulk Bag Unloading Station. See additional information and request materials here.