Charging materials from drums to process equipment can present a number of challenges; containment of hazardous powders, risks of deflagration when solvents are present, efficiently charging high volumes of material, and performing integrated process steps like weighing or crushing of powders.
The Rheo MTS: Rigid Isolator with Vacuum Conveyance configuration delivers a complete material handling package to address these challenges:
- Fully contained closed transfer for handling highly toxic products and APIs with containment of 1-0.01 µg/m3.
- The rigid glovebox can be equipped with an automated nitrogen purging system to regulate the isolator environment and reduce the oxygen concentration to less than 1%.
- The system’s vacuum hopper allows for remote transfer utilizing any vacuum source: evacuated process vessel, existing vacuum system, or Rheo’s Vacuum Conveyance System for transfer rates up to 3100kg/hr.
- Small footprint and mobile unit for quick deployment and flexibility of use for multiple applications.
- Limited cleaning required, allowing for fast change-over times.